GREEN LIGHT BICYCLE SHOP STORE POLICIES (EDITED 4/2106)
1. Upon purchase of any bicycle or product carried from the shop, transfer of liability occurs from the seller to the purchasing agent, whether or not the item is completely paid for.
2. The sales floor at the front of the store is a public access space at any time during business hours. The work shop area is to be entered with permission only and the owner reserves the right, for safety and security reasons, to deny access to the shop area.
3. A bicycle or component brought here for service will be released to the owner only upon payment in full for services rendered, parts, and sales tax.
4. When service is complete and your bicycle is ready, the customer has a duty of care to PROMPTLY return to pick up the bicycle, unless otherwise arranged *in advance*.
5. Do not abandon property of any kind upon the premises. Ordering service and failing to pick up for 60 days without prior arrangement will be considered abandoning property/theft of service and a Small Claims action will be brought for any service orders of $200 or more that are abandoned/absconded.
6. RETURNED CHECK FOR INSUFFICIENT FUNDS will be vigorously prosecuted in Small Claims Court and incur a $70 fee in addition to any other costs incurred by any incidence of false instrument uttering.
CHECKS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF:
A. The address printed on the check is the check writer's actual address and resides in Belchertown, Ware, Shutesbury, Palmer, Ludlow, Amherst, Pelham, Leverett, or Granby. (unless otherwise agreed)
B. The check bears the name of a local bank or national bank with local branches.
7. All persons under the age of 16 are encouraged to obey Massachusetts law and wear a helmet, whether or not the shop is able to provide that helmet. Minors MAY NOT test ride bicycles without wearing a helmet. Parents are advised that the responsibility of enforcement of this law and liability incurred is directly upon the parent and that Green Light Bicycle Shop is in no way liable for this outside of the shop's premises.
8. NO BICYCLE WILL BE SERVICED whereupon the owner prefers no brakes or ANY OTHER CLEAR VIOLATION OF SAFETY. The Shop openly discourages people from removing the brake calipers from any freewheel bicycle. This locally common and dangerous practice needs to end, and the shop is under legal obligation to NOT ALLOW a bicycle serviced by the shop to exit the shop's care with no brakes installed. (If you have no brakes on your bike and wish to keep it that way - cash and carry parts only)
9. RENTAL POLICY: Rentals are paid in advance. Person renting assumes all liablity for use of the bicycle during the rental period or any actions resulting in damage to the bicycle. Renter will return the bicycle in a timely manner or incur additional rental fees unless otherwise arranged.
10. ORDERS: Ordered product MUST BE PAID FOR IN ADVANCE or a significant deposit made prior to order. No returns on any special order item unless: A: The wrong part was ordered or sent. B: The ordered item is defective upon arrival.
BY ENGAGING IN COMMERCE UPON THESE PREMISES OR BY PHONE OR WIRE, YOU AGREE TO THESE AFOREMENTIONED TERMS.